Gadgets Ohoy!



This is so sweet!!! I was lamenting the sad state of my programming proficiency over a couple of beers with a couple of friends yesterday. I was especially bothered that I hadn't managed to translate absolute to relative positioning.

One of the guys told me that I didn't need to; Absolute works as relative coordinates within parent containers. I replied that it did not, but started to think about it. Then I started to experiment a bit more than I did the first time around. Then I discovered that it was actually true; As long as the parent element is relatively positioned. Whew!

And that was the final stopper. In only a couple of hours I managed to create an exported for Google gadgets. Prrof is in the pudding .. er .. pictures. Compare the gadget view with the editor view.

Comments